Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Kroger - Brookhaven, GA (My First Kroger EVER)


KROGER SUPERMARKETS
3871 PEACHTREE ROAD
ATLANTA, GA

So just because I'm on vacation doesn't mean I'm going to stop writing articles.

This was actually my first time ever being to a Kroger, as there aren't any up where I live in New England. Going in, I kept saying it was "craw-ger" rather than "crow-ger", so needless to say, I stood out pretty badly!
I haven't been to a Kroger before, but I do know that they're a pretty popular chain of supermarket in certain parts of the U.S.

This particular location was pretty nice, located in the up-and-coming Atlanta suburb of Brookhaven. It was a part of a strip mall, which Kroger anchored. From the outside, the store had a pleasant facade. Quite frankly, I don't know too much about the Kroger chain, so I don't know if this is a standard Kroger facade or not.






I'm a big fan of how it says The Kroger Co Established 1883. I think that's a nice touch on the storefront.

Going inside, the entrance vestibule was very welcoming, bearing multiple signs reading Welcome to your Brookhaven Kroger. It reminds me of the entrance to many ACME locations, which has this same style signage




Walking into the store leads you into the produce department, which was styled as The Garden





Also in the produce section was a small eating area with a checkout counter.


This Kroger location had some unique departments, such as The Bistro and Murray's Cheese, which offered an extensive selection of specialized items.





The rear of the store housed the meat/seafood department, as well as refrigerated items and some frozen goods.






The aisles were pretty standard for any Kroger store, featuring the triangular aisle markers








The frozen foods aisles for the most parts were kept on the leftmost side of the store


The pharmacy was also on the left side of the store, in front of the frozen foods section


For the checkout lanes, there were self-service stations on either side of the cashiered lanes.






So while I'm down here in Atlanta, I have a few more stops planned to blog about. I'm hoping to stop by the ORIGINAL Krispy Kreme, and also hit up a few more Kroger and Publix stores. Stay tuned for more updates from the Atlanta area as well as several other posts about the brand spankin' new Mercedes-Benz Stadium and MARTA Transportation System (a bit of a departure but I promise it's cool)

Until next time
~RS





2 comments:

  1. I can help as far as Kroger stuff is concerned :) Not sure if the façade is typical or not, since for the most part those vary between divisions of the chain (these days, at least). But the "established" message is included on all stores that I know of. And the interior décor you saw in this store is the most prevalent across the chain as of right now. It's officially known as "bountiful," but on flickr we mainly just call it 2012 décor. (It originated, however, around 2009 if not earlier - long story there!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not much of a Kroger expert myself, but I do know many newer Atlanta division Krogers (built in the last 15 or so years, anyway) use glass and brick style facades like the one seen at the Brookhaven store, so I'd say this exterior is fairly typical. Anyway, it sounds like you've seen some pretty interesting things while on vacation, and I'm looking forward to seeing the photos. The original Krispy Kreme sounds neat, and I'm interested to see what you have to share about Publix!

    ReplyDelete