Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2018

Circuit City and Six Flags


Okay here's a bit of an odd story:

A few weeks ago, I was with my buddy Matt at Six Flags New England in Agawam, MA. I didn't want to bore him at all with any of this picture-taking stuff (although there totally was an Ames at one point in Agawam) so we stayed at the park all day

Towards the end of the afternoon, however, we were walking across the park when I saw a park employee pushing a red trolley around. I took a quick peek at the handlebar on it, and sure enough it was an old Circuit City trolley!


So of course me being me, I had to talk to the employee and awkwardly ask if I could take a picture of the trolley. He was actually super nice and didn't seem to care, but I'm sure he was a bit weirded out by the whole thing, as was my friend!

Also, like I said, I wasn't exactly expecting to take a picture and I didn't have my camera or phone on me and I had to use Matt's phone to get the picture. The glare on the handlebar kind of blocks out the Circuit City logo, so in case you can't get a good view, it's the newer circle logo that reads 'Circuit City', not 'the City' as the latest rendition of the logo does. I tried to find a picture of an identical cart elsewhere online, but it seems like there aren't any other pictures of Circuit City trolleys. Let me know if you know of/have any pictures of similar carts.

Circuit City logo.svg

So what was it doing at Six Flags? I have absolutely no idea... But it also gets me wondering what other carts they may be holding hostage. So keep an eye out for carts everywhere you go because sometimes they'll turn up in the strangest of places!

I thought that was a funny story you guys might like to hear. I posted a condensed version of the story alongside the picture a few days ago on my Flickr page, so be sure to check that out if you haven't already seen it

Anyways, I'll see you guys next time!

~RS

0 comments:

Post a Comment