Pages

Friday, June 22, 2018

ALERT: Vacant Bradlee's Spotted


Image result for bradlees sign hazlet nj
©The Caldor Rainbow
GUYS THIS IS REALLY BIG NEWS
(to me at least)

So I have just been informed that there are two remaining Bradlee's stores left standing, but both of them are in New Jersey.

The first store I learned of is the Stratford, NJ store which is located in a shopping center located adjacent to a Goodwill store. It's located at 222 South White Horse Pike and is a converted Jefferson Ward store. From the research I've done, the space has since been occupied by other businesses, but original Bradlee's scarring remains.

It was also the site of a school bus crash a few years back, but luckily everyone was alright. I don't think the space has been occupied since then

The second, and more interesting, store that I found was located in Hazlet, NJ and is at 734 Poole Avenue and is MUCH MORE INTERESTING than the other store. First off, there still is a Bradlee's pylon sign along the roadside, which is fantastic when you consider that the store has been vacant since 2001. Also, there are MULTIPLE Bradlee's scars on the building, which are pretty freaking awesome!

The adjacent supermarket portion of the building has since been demolished but the Bradlee's space remains untouched. I called a nearby Dunkin' Donuts to make sure that the building was still in fact there before I head down there next week and while the guy working wasn't too pleased with the question, he confirmed that yes in fact the building was still there.

Anyways, if you're in the area or just want to check them out before they're demoed, DO IT ASAP!!! I don't know if/when these buildings are slated for demolition/re-purposing, but it's better to check them out now before they're gone. I'll be sure to post updates as soon as I get down to NJ to check them out

Obviously there are pictures of the building but I didn't want to spoil the fun, so I'm not going to put any pictures of the buildings on here. Check back for when I do visit the buildings, though, where you can see all of my footage from my trip

See you then!
~RS

1 comment:

  1. I've already heard about these locations. Too far for me to have any realistic chnchaof going.

    ReplyDelete