Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2018

Pizza Hut - Old Saybrook, CT


PIZZA HUT
OLD SAYBROOK, CT
688 BOSTON POST ROAD
CLOSING DATE UNKNOWN

So this is my first post on Pizza Hut, and oh boy do I have a lot of them to talk about!

This is my (second) favorite abandoned Hut that I've visited, and totally ran into it by accident. I was driving down to Old Saybrook to photograph the old Benny's and Ames stores, and happened to run into this one on the way back.

It's your distinct, 1970s Pizza Hut, which closed sometime between 2009 and 2015. You could tell from a mile away that this once was a Pizza Hut, with its distinctive roof and window shapes.

Sadly data is hard to come by, and the best I could do is compare some old Google Street View archives which showed that it closed somewhere between those dates

Here's a picture of this particular location while it was in operation (circa 2009, ©The Caldor Rainbow)

Image result for old saybrook pizza hut closes

As it sits today, the signage on the outside has been removed and the roof was repainted brown. Other than that, not much else was done to the property




Although the signage was removed outside and the roof was repainted brown, not much else was done on the inside to remove Pizza Hut's decor. Nothing has really been done to the inside since its 1975 opening.






So there you have it! An old, vintage 1970s Pizza Hut still in mint condition! I have three more Pizza Huts as of now that I plan on covering in the near future, so stay tuned for more updates in the future!

Until next time
~RS

0 comments:

Post a Comment